~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Thursday, June 12, 2014

Open Invitation for individuals interested in Garden Railroads

 Sometimes we get emails or questions from individuals at the Mall about visiting a Garden Railroad in Maine.  Our "Group Outings" is a great way to do this. I am not inviting you to someone else's picnic lunch, but it is a perfect time to stop by, look around, and talk to all the "train guys" you want to.  Carl's opens up his garden railroad to the public by offering Group outings.  His layout easily covers an acre and a couple extra people stopping by is not a problem and we would encourage it.  For consideration purposes you should let us know you may be coming.  Check the Event Schedule and if you wish contact MGRS at mgrsadmin@gmail.com


Here is some follow up from Paul Smith:
Hi John,

Regarding your article about groups or individuals visiting members railways, 
I was wondering if we have ever developed a list of members that would be willing 
to show their layout and answer questions? 
 I think I'm the only one in my neck of the woods that has a garden railway 
(I think there is one in Brewer, but I don't know if it is operating. 
When I visited it a few years ago, it wasn't put together completely).


If you have visitors at the mall that express an interest, I would be willing
 to arrange time for a visit for anyone (during the summer of course).
 I know a lot of people from up this way shop at the Maine Mall at Christmas time. 
It's always fun to share the hobby with other folks!

Paul, That's a great idea thank you.  I will post some pictures I have of your layout.
It would be a great example to visit.  You have done everything the right way.

(click to enlarge).


1 comment:

Rich said...

If anyone wants to check out my layout in Portland, just give me a heads up.

Right now there are two loops running and 1 point to point.

The Point to Point will eventually hook up to the loops.

Rich